7 ways to create luxury with a small budget
Fear will tell us that a small budget is a curse. Small budgets can be a challenge to event planners, but in a good way, depending on the event and client. Here are seven ways to create luxury with a limited amount of money to spend.
1. Decide to appropriate a great deal of your budget on food and drinks. People love to eat well and drink well and will do so with a lack of flowers or the lack of a huge or opulent space. Food and drinks are comfort.
2. Spend your money on keeping guests comfortable, and that can mean choosing the right venue or on hospitality services. Comfortable guests are half the battle and worth every penny spent.
3. Choose tapas and other small plate foods instead of expensive sit-down or buffets to feed guests attending events taking place within a short window of time.
4. Instead of pricey top-shelf liquors, pay for a wine service that includes a sommelier to pour and educate guests. Also, prosecco is inclined to be more affordable than champagne for events calling for sparkling wine.
5. Work with a florist and/or floral designer to decorate using flowers and greenery to add dashes of color and detail strategically. Purchase cut-glass vases from thrift and resale stores or even an estate sale for an extra pop of luxury and stateliness. A single stem of a flower as a centerpiece can be every bit as stunning as a full bouquet.
6. Call your local music conservatory to see if there are students available to provide quality entertainment for your event. Perhaps, there is a budding Yo-Yo Ma or McCoy Tyner who needs the extra income and whom will play cello or piano at your event.
7. Merge creativity with modernity. If you don’t have a big budget for food, consider a food truck rental for guests. If you don’t have a huge budget for paper invitations utilize one of the many online e-vite systems like Paperless Post, Evite, or Punchbowl, which also offer mobile text messaging invitations. The styles offered are formal to casual to personalized with your own graphics and images.
Whatever you choose to do, do not ever scrimp on quality. Quality and luxury should be synonymous and uncompromised.